LexisNexis Canada Inc. was formed when LexisNexis Group, headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, acquired Quicklaw Inc. in July 2002 and joined it in a business unit with LexisNexis Butterworths Canada Ltd. The two companies in the business unit were amalgamated at the beginning of 2003, bringing together the print and CD-ROM publications of Butterworths Canada with the online services of Quicklaw and LexisNexis, thus creating Canadas leading legal information provider, LexisNexis Canada.
LexisNexis Canada has offices in 10 Canadian cities. The company is a member of the North American Legal Markets division of LexisNexis Group, in turn a member of Reed Elsevier Group plc. LexisNexis Group is a global leader in providing comprehensive and authoritative legal, news, and business information, and does business in 100 countries with 13,000 employees worldwide. The LexisNexis online services combine searchable access to more than four billion documents from thousands of sources.
LexisNexis Canada provides Canadian legal and corporate researchers with high-quality information services and solutions. Products include:
More than just case law, the LexisNexis Quicklaw service combines a superior breadth of Canadian legal information resources to help you excel in any area of practice. Expansive online collections give you easy, reliable access to up-to-date and authoritative information.
- Court and tribunal decisions from across Canada
- Up-to-date legislative collections with Point-in-Time searching
- Expert-written topical NetLetters and other current awareness sources
- Rich collections of informed commentary and analysis
- Daily legal news monitoring services, plus legal newspapers and legal news releases
- Research-enhancing online services and features, including search forms, a Find by Citation feature, links between documents, and the comprehensive QuickCITE case citator
- Superior training and personalized customer service, both free of charge
LexisNexis Butterworths products include a broad range of print and CD-ROM titles for legal, accounting, and other business, human resource, health care, and law enforcement professionals.
- Textbooks, journals, newsletters, looseleaf services, and CD-ROMs
- Law report series including the widely used Ontario Reports
- Newspapers including The Lawyers Weekly, The Bottom Line (accounting and finance), and For the Defence (Criminal Lawyers Association)
- International publications from the United Kingdom, Asia, Australia, India, New Zealand, and South Africa
The LexisNexis Total Research System provides access to more than 33,000 online sources of global legal, news, and business information.
- An extensive collection of U.S. and international case law and legislation
- LexisNexis® Matthew Bender® content
- More than 600 law reviews and journals
- Shepards® Citations Service
- More than 10,000 news sources
- Over 3,000 business sources
- Investment reports and analysis
- Bankruptcy filings, judgments and liens, licences, civil and criminal court filings, jury verdicts and settlements, person locators, and property records
Time Matters 6 for Canada integrates your research with practice management.
- Integrate and organize your case and client information
- Manage your legal calendar
- Automate document preparation
- Manage firm communications, including email, phone, fax, and regular mail
- Access the Quicklaw and LexisNexis® at lexis.com® research services, record the time you spend researching, and turn it into billable time
- Integrate Time Matters with your BlackBerry® and Outlook® for greater practice management
Billing Matters 6 Plus for Canada helps with all your billing and accounting needs.
- Prepare basic invoices and payments in a single step
- Use the advanced billing options for split, flat, consolidated, and allocated fees, as well as trust and retainer accounting, budgeting, and productivity reporting
- Bill using a variety of billing arrangements, bill profiles, and bill layouts
- View each clients time and expense entries, run pre-bill reports, obtain billing histories, and more
- Perform full back-office accounting with just a couple of mouse clicks